Each week, Planetary Radio visits with a scientist, engineer, project manager, astronaut, advocate or writer who provides a unique and exciting perspective on the exploration of our solar system and beyond. We also showcase regular features that raise your space IQ while they put a smile on your face. Host Mat Kaplan is joined by Planetary Society colleagues Bill Nye the Science Guy, Bruce Betts, and Emily Lakdawalla. We hit the road now and then to produce a Planetary Radio Live show in front of an audience. Drop us a line or enter the weekly space trivia contest at email@example.com.
Please support your local public radio station that airs the show! Check the station's online schedule or review our online list of affiliates. Satellite radio listeners can hear us Sunday evenings on the Sirius XM Public Radio channel. Want to hear Planetary Radio on your local station? Ask them to contact us or review our radio affiliate information page.
|Subscribe:||Standard RSS Feed|
04/22/2013 | 28:50
- Brent Barbee, Flight Dynamics Engineer, Goddard space Flight Center
- Amy Mainzer, NEOWISE Principal Investigator, Jet Propulsion Lab
- Bill Nye, Chief Executive Officer
- Cathy Plesko, Applied Physics Research Scientist, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- David Trilling, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern Arizona University
Planetary Radio host Mat Kaplan joined Bill Nye and four passionate planetary explorers on stage at the Planetary Defense Conference in Flagstaff, Arizona.
04/15/2013 | 30:30
- Bobak Ferdowsi, Senior Systems Engineer, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- George Whitesides, President and CEO, Virgin Galactic
- Loretta Whitesides, Flight Director/Yuri's Night Founder, Zero Gravity Corporation/Yuri's Night
Planetary Radio Live was on stage at the World Space Party with guests George and Loretta Whitesides and Bobak "Mohawk Guy" Ferdowsi.
04/08/2013 | 28:50
- Dave Doody, Operations Lead, JPL Cassini Mission Support and Services Office
JPL’s Dave Doody doesn’t just fly around the solar system, he teaches others how it's done. We talk about what students learn in his non-technical class, the Basics of Interplanetary Flight.
04/01/2013 | 30:14
- Linda Spilker, Cassini Project Scientist, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
We pay another visit to the queen of planets with Cassini Mission Project Scientist Linda Spilker. She always brings us fascinating news from Saturn, its moons and rings.
03/25/2013 | 28:50
- Denis Barkats, Sysem Astronomer, ALMA
- Stuartt Corder, Commissioning and Science Verification Project Scientist, ALMA
- Pierre Cox, Director, ALMA, the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array
Our special coverage of the ALMA Observatory inauguration continues, with the President of Chile, the incoming ALMA Director, and much more from the Atacama Desert.
03/18/2013 | 28:50
- Ewine van Dishoeck, Radio Astronomer, University of Leiden & Former ALMA Board Member
- Al Wooten, North American Project Scientist and head of the North American ALMA Science Center, National Radio Astronomy Observatory
- Alison Peck, Former ALMA Commissioning Scientists Team Leader, National Radio Astronomy Observatory
- Gianni Marconi, Commissioning Scientist, ALMA
The first of two shows about Mat Kaplan's journey to Chile's Atacama Desert for the inauguration of the Atacama Large Millimeter small millimter Array, the most ambitious, Earth-based astronomy project in history.
03/11/2013 | 28:50
- Luther Beegle, Curiosity Sampling System Scientist, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
With the first use of its drill and delivery of samples to its internal instruments, Curiosity is now a fully-functioning science station on Mars. JPL Sampling System Scientist Luther Beegle provides an update.
03/04/2013 | 28:50
- Alan Stern, New Horizons Principal Investigator, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
Alan Stern is back to tell us about Golden Spike, his new company that plans to put human clients on the surface of the moon by the end of this decade.
02/25/2013 | 37:45
- Andrew Siemion, Project Scientist, UC Berkeley
UC Berkeley SETI researcher Andrew Siemion and his colleagues have put an upper limit on the number of civilizations in our galaxy that are capable of giving us a call. He’ll explain their reasoning and provide other search updates.
02/18/2013 | 31:25
- Chris Lewicki, President and Chief Asteroid Miner, Planetary Resources
Chris Lewicki is the passionate President of Planetary Resources. He leads the company's mission to find, capture and deliver asteroids to its space-resource hungry clients.